11/06/2013

Confessions of a Blogger

Last week Katelyn from Seersucker and Stripes tagged me in the post "confessions of a blogger".  I haven't been participating in any tag awards/posts lately, however, I really liked the idea behind this tag post.  For this tag post, the writer gives a little more info behind their blog and what inspires them to write.  I thought this would be very fitting since I really haven't given a full overview of my inspiration and why I started blogging! So here it goes :)

When did you first start blogging?
 I don't know the exact start date, but I know I started in June 2013!

Have you had any past online presence?
A few years ago I started an unsuccessful recipe tumblr account, but that is about it!

Why did you start a blog? 
For the longest time I read blogs and had been thinking about creating my own; finally I did!  When I created my blog I wanted my readers to be able to shop preppy fashion on a budget; even though my style may not be distinctly preppy, I still love to bring fashion on a budget to everyone :)

When did you become serious about starting a blog? 
As I said, I thought about it for a while before I started it, but I definitely take my blog seriously.  I have always been one of those people who takes every project as a "job", but blogging is the best job ever and I really hope I can do something great with it like Carly Heitlinger and Caitlin Coving

What was your first post? 
My first post was a little bit about myself and it was also my first "budget tip"

What has been your biggest challenge in blogging? 
So far, I haven't had too many challenges, but I definitely struggle with updating Twitter and Facebook.

What is the most rewarding thing about blogging?
Honestly, the connections I have made through this blog are amazing; I have so many friend and opportunities simply because I started blogging

The most discouraging? 
Throughout blogging I have learned that you can't please everyone, which is hard for me because I am definitely a "people pleaser"!

What is your lasting inspiration and motivation? 
The things that inspire and motivate me every day are my blogging buddies/readers, little inspirational quotes, and my blogging idolsThese three things always keep me motivated and inspired to write

I hope this helps you learn a little more about Prep on a Budget :)

 

9 comments:

  1. Great little interview! I love to get to know other bloggers a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Hunter! I learned so much more about you!

    xx
    katelyn

    seesuckerandstripes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Hope you're having a great day!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! It really makes you stop and reflect. I too love my blogging buddies, it is one of the best parts!

    Ashley | History in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great post! I love learning more about fellow bloggers :)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, love learning more about you! I have definitely learned through blogging that you can't please anyone but you're right, I have made so many new online friends...including you Hunter!
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agree with the last one. So much better when you know you are writing content people appreciate and enjoy!

    Whitney
    www.McKenzieWild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cool tag. I'm so glad I came across your's. It's always cool getting to learn more about the people behind the screen! I decided to do the tag on my blog! I'd love if you checked it out!

    Kolbi | Life With Kolbi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great tag, i have also done this tag myself! Would be great if you could check it out x x x

    Jess
    www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...