12/08/2015

On Life in the City


To be completely honest, I could not imagine myself anywhere else in the world.  I love New York and I am so blessed to be spending my days and nights in one of the best cities in the world.  Seriously, I have never felt more at home and more on track with my life.  That said, here is a little glimpse of what life is like in the city-- the good and the bad. 

The Good:
1. There are an endless amount of things to do and places to see.
2. Lots of good places to find sweets (my personal favorite, Eleni's in Chelsea Market).
3. Parks galore and amazing photo opportunities that go along with them.
4. Easy access to almost anything-- thanks Subway!
5. Friends who you can always count on (now this is mostly because of college, but it is actually very easy to find people to connect with in NYC).
 6. Opportunity out the wazoo.
7. Theater, theater, and a little more theater.
8. The BEST brunch places in the world (San Marzano, Maison Kayser, etc.)
9. Productivity.

The Bad:
1. At times the city can be a little scary.
2. There are crazy people (so far, I have been alright though).
3. Not enough time in the day.
4. The city can be overwhelming.
5. Money (it is expensive to live and go to school in NYC).
6.  Trying to balance school and fun can sometimes seem impossible.

In my opinion, the pros greatly outweigh the cons-- except money, but I figure I will just work that out later and enjoy the now while I can.  Honestly though, if you have the chance to live in NYC, whether it is for school, an internship, etc. please take it.  You will not regret it one bit.

Is anyone else living in the city?  What do you like/dislike about NYC?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...