10/25/2014

What Got Me Through the Week

This has, yet again, been another rough week for me.  The winter cold has been making me want to stay in bed forever and school seems to be dragging on; however, I am so close to being done with my college applications and that has been such a nice feeling-- I only have one essay left!!  Other than getting my applications done, here are a few things that have been getting me through the week.
1. Real Life Disney Princesses: This video is absolutely hilarious and so true.  Every time I have gotten stressed out this week, I pulled out this video and it made me laugh instantly.

2. Beloved: For class, we are reading Toni Morrison's book Beloved.  It is haunting and terrifying, but, so far, one of my favorite high school books.  Morrison is able to highlight the horror of slavery and relay history so well!  For those of you who don't know the book, it is loosely based on Margaret Garner, the woman who killed her child when she crossed the Ohio River, in order that she could free her child of slavery.

3. Chorus: This week, I performed for my chorus class with my college audition piece and it went so well.  My belt has gotten much better and I can transition through middle voice so much easier now!  My teacher even asked if I could perform the song at an upcoming concert, which I was happy to say yes to :)

4. Pockets and Lace relaunch: Frannie just relaunched her site for Pockets and Lace and, I must say, it looks fantastic!  You can look forward to new outfit post with Pockets and Lace really soon!

5. Peach: I wrote a post on Peach about a month ago and honestly, the auctions they have cheer me up every week.  Although I don't win most of the time, I always love looking at what they are auctioning off-- it is so much fun to daydream of having a Prada handbag or Celine tote!

What has gotten you through this week?

6 comments:

  1. That video is hilarious! "I'll just wait for a man to save me", so perfect!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that video!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, I am checking out Peach as we speak! Thank you for sharing :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,I hope you'll feel better soon.
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that video, too.

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...