10/22/2015

NYU Campus Style

Coming into college, I was really interested to see what everyone would be wearing.  What sort of style does my school consist of?  What pieces are savvy for your average college student living in the city?  After a lot of observing, I have finally come up with a list of the most popular pieces here at NYU.


1. The Longchamp: You may know my Longchamp story, however, I am going to tell you again.  A while ago I had a Longchamp and I ended up returning it because I just couldn't find any use for.  Well, here I am two years later and I ended up ordering one again.  They are the "It Bag" here in the city, especially around the NYU campus.  The Longchamp is stylish, a little pricey, but still affordable for a good bag-- on a side note, I only paid like 50 dollars for mine because of the Nordstrom Credit Card program.

2. Converse: Literally every person I know here owns a pair of converse including myself.  They are really comfortable (with socks, without blisters) and go with almost every outfit.  I personally have the slip on pair, but if anything I would recommend getting the lace up version.  They are much easier to wear with socks!

3. Booties: Yes, booties are a trend everywhere, but I think any female college student I know owns a good pair of flat booties.  They are also really comfortable and work well with a lot of outfits, especially in the fall.  This is one piece I would love to invest in, but really don't have the money for right now.  Maybe for my birthday though ;) 

4. A Fun Hat: This is a little less common, but I still see a lot of it-- a good hat.  A good hat is always a way to add some personality to your wardrobe.  My favorite is the felt floppy hat, seriously it is instant style!

5. A Coat: With it getting colder here, everyone is breaking out their favorite coat and I love seeing what everyone chooses.  Most everyone has a coat that defines their personal style and I love it!  I have been wearing a little red cape since the weather got colder and it is so perfect!

 What are some of the most popular pieces on your campus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...