10/27/2015

The Things You Learn


Just being in college for a half a semester (wow I can't believe it is going by that fast) has made me realize a lot of things about myself.  I never thought I would say this, but I am having a lot of doubts about acting.  Don't get me wrong, I still love it, but is it really what I want to major in?

After my world came crashing down a few weeks in, I became really depressed and upset all the time.  At the same time, however, I had gotten into a specialized costume course-- they only take 10ish people and it is pretty hard to get into-- through my intro to theatre production class.  After being in the class for around 6 weeks, I have realized that I love costuming.  More importantly, I love the people in costuming. 

I have never felt more at home and more happy with my life.  Costuming and fashion has become an escape for me and every time I draw or work on costuming homework, I find myself happy and fulfilled-- a feeling I realize I haven't had in a long time. 

So, now that I love costuming, where does drama fall?  To be honest, I don't know quite yet.  I am hoping to shadow one of the costume students for a little to see if I really like the program and I have been talking to my teacher as well, who has been so helpful with my decision. 

Here is to finding out who you are!!

How is college going for you so far?  Anyone else thinking of a major change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...