9/02/2014

College Fears... Again


This Labor Day weekend was definitely a well deserved rest for me!  It seems like I have so much going on this year, and yes, I know I say that a lot.  Every post I write has been starting with "oh my gosh, I have so much going on this year!", but, I actually do!  All this college stuff is crazy and stressful and amazing, all at the same time.  I think the most nerve-wracking part about all this college stuff is the audition process.  I am applying to NYU, Juilliard, Boston University, NKU, and UC, all of which have extensive audition processes for the musical theater and acting programs I want to get into.

I feel like college just kinda comes up behind you and grabs you when you least expect it to, and that is how I feel right now.  I feel like everything is just coming all at once.  Guess what!  You have to have this in by this date, and, make sure you are prepared for this and that... and so it goes.  It is getting easier as I start getting more information, but I cannot wait to finally have all my auditions ready to go.  That means, at least this is what I think, that the most stressful part is over.  Once I get to auditions I get memorize monologues, which I love to do (and, I might add, I am not being sarcastic about that haha).  For most of the auditions I even get to sing and dance, which I can't wait to do.

My mom always says, the worst thing they can say is no, but that is the worst thing, no joke.  Not just the fear of failure, but the fear that all I have wanted to do for my whole life doesn't get me where I want to go; however, I know I am not the only person who feels this way.  I think all of us seniors, unless you are one of those lucky few, agree that college is one of the most stressful, yet most exhilarating processes of our life.  So, I am just going to do my best and try not to worry, well at least not too much.

How are you dealing with college fears?

P.S. This was supposed to be a weekend recap post haha!
 

1 comment:

  1. Your guidance counselor will be your best friend during this crazy time with college applications, make sure you take advantage of them! Also, despite all the stress make sure you take a moment to enjoy high school, these days will fly by!
    _Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...