11/29/2014

Money Can't Buy Happiness



This past week has been so great!  My birthday was absolutely wonderful and I loved being able to spend Thanksgiving with my two families-- Seth's and mine of course!  However, I came to a huge realization the day of my birthday.  There wasn't anything with a price tag-- except maybe a Starbucks coffee-- that really made me happy.  I know what you're thinking, wow is she really that shallow?  To be completely honest, I have always been a little very materialistic.

Since I was a kid, I always found happiness in nice things, but when I got a check from the savings bond my grandparents made for me, that all changed.  I wanted to find some sort of splurge for myself, but when I looked at all the nice things they just weren't what I wanted.  Maybe it was simply the shock of being able to afford something really nice, however, I really don't think that's why I refused to buy something nice.  

Having been in my relationship with Seth and falling head over heels for him and his family, I now know money can't buy happiness-- love is true happiness and I am so happy to say I have found it and hopefully for a very long time!

 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post Hunter, I think around then holidays, despite all the hustle and bustle in the stores we realize how family and friends are the things that really matter. Glad you had a nice birthday!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do exactly the same thing. There are some crazy splurges that I really covet-- say a classic Chanel quilted bag, or red bottom heels-- but as soon as I actually get the money to spend on them I realize they aren't worth the amount they actually cost to me. I would much rather take that significant sum and use it on a weekend trip for me and a loved one or some sort of experience, then get a very high quality, craftsman brand product for $500 instead of $2K. I actually recently made one of these choices when I thought I would get myself a Mulholland carryon bag with money I had received for my birthday... But once I actually got the money I released I would much rather get a Frost River bag that is very similar in style and as good if not better quality for $200, then spend the rest of the money on a trip back east to see friends I missed. All in all it was a great decision! So I guess I would say money can give you access to experiences that can make you happy, and I totally support buying high quality, lifetime purchase goods, but there are quite a few things out there these days that simply not worth their price tag unless you're just after showing off the logo.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...