3/09/2015

SRP (AKA the Bain of My Existance)


Some of you may have been wondering why I broke my daily posting schedule.  One acronym is the cause of this, SRP, or the Senior Research Paper.  Every year at my school we have to write a research paper, but this one has been so difficult.  I don't know if it is what I chose or the theme I chose to point out, but I have been struggling from day one .

For this paper, we have to read a novel (or what I did-- read two play scripts) and analyze the author and the novel as they relate to one theme found in the book.  I chose to read The Odd Couple and The Odd Couple: Female Version by Neil Simon, which are great scripts, but there isn't a whole lot out there on Simon or his works.  This is most likely due to the fact that he isn't dead and he writes comedy, which so many people take purely for entertainment value and not for actual content.  I, however, feel that Simon might have been trying to get to a deeper meaning.

So, here I go on my one woman journey to be one of the first people to critically analyze Neil Simon's Odd Couples haha.  Wish me luck!  I will try to post as often as I can :)

Did you have to write an SRP?  How did you make it through?

3 comments:

  1. I just graduated, so I just wrote my Senior Research Paper last year! I wrote mine on whether the UK should adopt the euro, so there was quite a bit of research I spent ages digging through to find unique arguments. One of my biggest tips is to take each argument step by step, reasonably space out your research crunch times, and utilize databases as much as possible.
    xx, Mikkaela
    The Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have to do a similar thing at my school (we call it an Extended Essay) and everyone despises it! I think the best way to get through it is make sure you have a good topic and try to really get into it- like for me, I wrote my EE on Nazi Medicine (living in Germany and having a Nazi-history-centric supervisor were the reasons for that ;) ) and was able to visit Auschwitz and some of the other camps. Just make your topic your thing- it will be over soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This probably seems annoying but I'm sure it will prepare you for all the paper writing you will do in college. Sounds like a really interesting topic though, good luck girly!
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...