1/06/2016

A Break from the iPhone

via

Watching a lot of Sex and the City has not only opened me to the joys of single life, but also the joys of a cellphone-less life.  After a few episodes, I realized hardly any of the women in Sex and the City are constantly on their phones and I think that is kind of amazing.  It also made me realize, I really don't want to spend as much time on my phone as I do. 

Can you imagine a world in which we didn't have iPhones, but rather the original flip phones from the early 2000s or even the oh so popular razor from sixth grade?  To be completely honest, I miss those days.  Things were simpler.  If we wanted to hang out with someone we called and we weren't constantly checking our phones to see if we had gotten a message from that cute boy we liked.  Maybe we were checking our emails constantly haha, but it definitely wasn't as distracting and consuming as are phones are. 

All of that said, I have decided to step away from my iPhone a lot more.  Don't worry I will still be posting on Instagram ;) however, I am going to try calling instead of texting and no longer will I be getting on my phone just to check on things.

Anyone else trying to step away from technology?  How are you handling it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...