1/16/2015

A Healthy Me

 
If you know me personally, or if you have been following along for a while, you have probably picked up on the fact that I am not the healthiest person.  I really want to change, though, especially since my parents and Seth are worried about me.

Now, I'm not that terrible, but I definitely have NEVER made the healthiest choices throughout my life.  I don't like working out, I have always loved sweet things, and I haven't done much to change that.  I have been blessed with a great metabolism, so weight has never been an issue, but that can change very quickly.

Luckily, I am still young and I can still make the changes I need to make to be healthy.  From now on I will not be eating unhealthy options (maybe a sweet here and there, but not as much as I have been used to).  I am going to start eating more fruits and veggies, especially during my lunch, as that tends to be my biggest meal of the day.  

I honestly can't wait to get started, maybe I will even start working out eventually haha!  But, anyway, I do want to give Seth a huge thanks for being so supportive.  He was the one who sat down and talked to me about this the other day and it was just what I needed to hear-- thank goodness for supportive boyfriends haha!

What are your favorite healthy foods?  Anything I should try?  I would love to find some new recipes!!

 

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite healthy snacks is chick peas! I like them plain, but you can also roast them to make them crunchy or make them into hummus. I've also started putting fruit on my salads to get more servings of them daily, and I drink fruit infused water in an attempt to avoid sodas. Good luck on your healthy endeavor!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome how you are trying to change what you eat to something healthier! I started doing that last year and I couldn't be happier! An awesome thing to eat, if you like peanut butter but want less fat, is almond butter! I put it on apples, celery, crackers, and anything really! Good luck! I know you can do it :)

    Alexa
    northeastpreppy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that you are making a change, what a great way to start the new year. I make smoothies every morning to be sure I'm getting my fruit, veggies and protein to start the day off right.
    -Alex
    www.monstermisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a nutrition major - and a senior, at that! I'm so close to the finish line! - I think I get to be somewhat of a credible resource here! I struggle with making unhealthy food choices still, and I think what helps me the most is to meal plan. You can download great apps like MyFitnessPal or even the FitBit app is great. I personally started using the FitBit app because I got one for Christmas, but even without the FitBit itself the app is awesome. My favorite part is that you can label foods as bfast, lucnh, dinner, or morning, afternoon, and evening snacks. It uses really reliable science to calculate how many calories you need to eat to maintain or lose weight for your height and age, and I really trust it.

    I know that was a forever long response, but I believe in you!

    Let's connect again over this sometime! It's hard to go to college and maintain a healthy lifestyle! I feel like it's either you gain the freshman fifteen or you lose them because you have to makes SOME lifestyle change!

    Kelly
    Ohio Stripes

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...