8/04/2015

Be Positive, Be Mindful, Be Thankful


In the Yoga with Adriene video I shared last Friday, Adriene instructs us to set a tone for our day during the meditation practice at the beginning of the video.  That aspect of my morning yoga helps me to keep an open mind throughout the day and to enjoy life instead of getting frustrated.  Because of this meditation I think I am a much better and more rational human being.

Last week, I finally came up with the phrase I need to set the tone for day: Be Positive, Be Mindful, Be Thankful.  These three words perfectly describe how I should be seeing things and I am so much happier when I surround my thoughts and actions with that phrase.  Another thing, my life seems more in control when I do this morning practice because it makes me have a GOOD expectation for the day, rather than a negative one.

So, why those three words.  Well, be positive because, if you think about it, there isn't anything to be negative about.  Yes things don't work out the way they should sometimes, but that is the beauty of life isn't it?  There is always a way to make a positive situation out of a negative one.

Be mindful because people can be frustrating (trust me, I work with them everyday), but I don't know what is going on in their life that made them feel they need to act the way they do.  When you are mindful of someone else's situation you can a) better understand yourself and b) you can view people as people, which is how they should be viewed.

And finally, be thankful because there is so much to be thankful for.  No matter where you are in life, be thankful for all of the good things that have come your way.  By being thankful, we can be humble, which is so important for success.  This, along with be mindful, is probably my favorite of the three phrases in my meditation because there truly is a lot many of us can be thankful for.

What is your phrase for the day?  Do you practice morning yoga?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...