6/26/2013

Internship Explanation

I didn't really realize this until now, but I never fully explained what I am specifically doing in my internship.  So I will start by saying that I am assistant directing.  I was invovled in a small theater group years ago and I decided I wanted to do more with them.  I have had previous experience with directing before so I called and asked if they needed help, and they said sure! I was so excited to begin my internship!  I am working with younger kids, which is really fun, but sometimes can be really challenging (they are, after all, 3-9 year olds).  They are all wonderful kids though, and I am really glad I can make an impact on their lives.  It is so nice to know that every day I am teaching them something new or helping them discover something they love.  So many of them have really discovered a passion for theater, which just makes me so happy! I absolutely love the theater, as that is where I started.  My love for theater has opened so many doors for me and I hope it will do the same for all the kids I am teaching! So, that is the gist of my summer internship :)

 "For me, there is nothing more valuable than how people feel in a movie theater about a movie."
-Will Smith 
What do you love about theater? 

Keep Prepping!  


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...