9/11/2013

Blogging Tips

For today's blog post I want to continue off of the requests I got on my Suggestions and Questions post (you can still ask questions/give suggestions, it will be up till Friday night!).  The next request I got was for some blogging tips for newer blogs.  Now, Prep on a Budget hasn't been around for that long, but I can say I have definitely learned a lot!  I think the best way to organize this post would be to write some tips under different categories.  I hope you all find these helpful :)

  


When I first started blogging these were some of the tips I was given for my blog.  I still follow every one of them!

1. Have a good theme/meaning/brand behind your blog.

2. Devote yourself. 

3. Comment, comment, comment (it really helps get your name out there either for more followers or sponsors).

4. Collaborate with other bloggers and don't be afraid to reach out to companies for sponsorships... the worst they could say is no.  Also, guest posts are really great for getting your name out and meeting new bloggers!

5. Be yourself; this is literally the most important thing :)   


1. Make sure you have your blog up on tons of accounts like Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, etc. 

2. Connect with other companies/bloggers through social media either by shout outs or any other form of promotion.  This is really important because people who follow those blogs/brands and see the post you made will come check out your blog.  You can also get sponsors and followers this way!

3. Update your social media as much as you can (the more you post, the more people know about your blog). 

Sorry my social media section is so small, but I am really just starting to work on this, so I am sure I will have more tips later :)

   
For the Blog Design section of this post I thought I would give you all some links I have found overtime for designing your blog on your own :)


This is about all I have for you all right now, but I will definitely make a follow up post to this when I learn more :)  Also, I would like to give a shout out to Caroline from Citrus and Style for helping me out with the Button Code Box!

You all can still ask questions and please, please do :)
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I have to admit I decided to start my blog on a whim so I kind of went into the blogging thing blindly and I have been learning as I go along. I have done pretty much all the things you mentioned for almost the whole time I've had my blog except for comments. I didn't have time to do them till recently and commenting really does help your blog, plus you meet some great people!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. My blog will be three weeks old tomorrow so I am very much still figuring this out and this post (and the links for coding) is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips Hunter, and for listening to my suggestion. I would love to get some sponsors on my blog so your advice really helped! I definitely agree about commenting on other peoples blogs, it helps get your name out there.
    -Alex
    http://www.monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion! I'm so glad I could help :)

      Hunter

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this post! This is really helpful for me because I just started! Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...