9/03/2013

Prep on a Budget Tip #8: School Tips

So for this next tip, I thought I would create a little group of school tips to start off the school year!  For this grouping of tips I wanted to include some things I have learned throughout school.  Now that I am in my junior year of high school I feel like I have really developed a good set of skills to get me through.  I just love it when people write posts on school tips because I feel like I always find another good tip to add to my list!  Here are my tips for school!
 
1. Don't be afraid to just be yourself.  This was always really hard for me when I was younger because I always wanted to please everyone, but these past few years I have just been myself.  Everything works out when you are your true self; it really does :)

2.  This is one thing I definitely learned the hard way freshman year.  I would always wait last minute to do homework and projects and it honestly made me feel so unmotivated.  Once I went into sophomore year, I decided I would get things done ahead of time and I had so much more motivation to do things since I wasn't stressing about finishing something the night of.  

3. Always keep an open mind because you never know what you might find.  No matter what I always try to keep an open mind on everything because it is just nice to take in other thoughts and accept them for what they are.  I find that you learn so much more by doing this! 

4. To keep myself motivated to do better I always set some goals every school year.  I think that setting goals you can easily achieve, like making a new friend or reading all your school books, really help you get through the school year and help you defeat all that unwanted stress!  You can find out more details on my goals this year here!  

5. Lastly, be prepared for anything and everything.  You never know if an assignment might change the day of or if your computer will break (#knockonwood).  Because of this, I always try to be prepared, so that I am never too stressed over things like the above! 

This is just a shortened list, but I have many more guidelines that I follow throughout the school year!

What are some of the school guidelines you all stand by? Please share :)

Keep Prepping! 
   
  

4 comments:

  1. Great tips for school and life for that mater! I love the always be yourself and set goals Great post!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips, especially the setting goals one! Junior year is such a pivotal year: first SATs, start looking at/filling out college applications, and you finally get to cash in on those "upperclassmen benefits" - lots going on! It's good to identify certain goals you want to accomplish and stay organized and focused on getting them done.
    I'm sure you'll breeze through this year though, pretty girl. Good luck!

    xx,
    j. parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. These a great tips that can be applied way after high school is over! My tip for you would be to make sure you take the time to have fun. High school can get overwhelming with all the work, but it won't last forever so soak up all the fun opportunities it provides as well! :)
    -Alex
    http://monstermisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! Another wonderful tip that I received just before coming to college was that you're not too cool for ANYTHING! Go out and be silly and have fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...