7/14/2013

Newport, Rhode Island

On Friday my family and I arrived in Newport, Rhode Island and it is beautiful!  Even though the weather is overcast, I am having so much fun here!  I have gone to the beach, shopped, and eaten at some of the best restaurants in town :)  

I went to the beach a couple times while I have been here and it has been perfect; not too muggy, not too hot, but just perfect.  I must say the beaches here are quite amazing as the water is nice and warm.  One thing I also love about the beach are the seagulls.  Though the can get violent with food sometimes, it is fun to watch them soar through the air.  At the beach my dad and I fed the seagulls some popcorn.  They wouldn't come up at first, but once we walked away a little they were all over it haha.  Besides relaxing and watching the waves I picked up some shells at the beach too!  Overall, Newport/Middletown has great beaches if you are visiting this side of the country.  

While in Newport I had to shop, of course.  We took a whole day to walk around downtown and shop for some momentos from our vacation.  I was able to find some great things!  First of all, I stopped into this store called Island Outfitters!  They had tons of cute clothes from Lilly, Jack Rogers, Vineyard Vines, and more.  At that store I bought some Lilly Pulitzer Shelly Jelly sandals.  They were %50 off from the original price, so I just had to get them!  The other shop I found a good buy in was Chez Shell.  This store had some awesome tunics that could be worn as a cover up, dress, or shirt!  I personally would style the tunic as a dress :) 

Here are some pictures from my vacation in Newport!

Newport, Rhode Island

 

I forgot to mention this above, but we also went to this boat house in town!  It was really cool; all the boats are built by hand!  This is one I saw in the warehouse that I thought was so cute :)

What beach do you like to visit? 

Keep prepping! 

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and if you're still in Newport, check out the Pink Pineapple! It's on Thames St and has some of the cutest accessories!

    http://1Lwithbows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just left this morning:( But, I love Pink Pineapple! I have shopped at their online store and just adore all the cute things they have! I will definitely check their store out next summer!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...